Stone publishes poetry ranging from the visceral to the cerebral across a full scope of human experience and awareness. Stone prefers to publish poems that present a diversity of contemporary perspectives and are well-crafted, artistic explorations of language, subject, and image.
Stone is currently accepting submissions to be considered for our second issue.
- All poems must be left-justified. Centered poems will not be considered.
- No shock poems, please. There is one Bukowski and one Rollins, and that is enough.
- Stone is not a venue for concrete or overtly avant-garde poetry.
- Subtly-metered verse may be acceptable, depending, but no rhyming, please.
- Submissions must not have been published, previously, in any form, including private blogs, FB, social, electronic, or traditional media.
- We strongly encourage potential contributors to read through our first issue to have a sense of the sorts of poetry we publish.
How to submit work to Stone:
1. Submit up to five poems via a single word doc. attachment, to: editor@Stonepoetryjournal.com
2. Do not indicate your name or any other identifying information in your word doc. submission. This should appear in your cover letter.
3. Please include, in the body of an e-mail, a simple cover letter addressed to Editor of Stone.
4: The subject of your email should be:
Your name, followed by the titles of your poems.
5. Do NOT include a bio. If your work is accepted, we will ask for one.
6. We accept simultaneous submissions, but please let us know immediately if work is accepted, elsewhere, so that we may remove it from our further consideration.
We consider submissions during two reading periods:
FIRST READING PERIOD: August 1 – October 31.
SECOND READING PERIOD: February 1 – April 30.
Work received outside of these two reading periods will be discarded, unread.
We publish online twice a year in November and May.
Our response time is usually around two weeks.
Please submit only once during any given reading period.
If your work is accepted, please wait until the next full reading period has passed before submitting, again.
If your work has been rejected, please wait until the next reading period before submitting, again.
Unfortunately, we are unable to pay accepted contributors for their work. Stone is a labor of love. We’re not getting any money, either.
Copyright of all work remains with the author. We would ask simply that Stone be listed as the first publisher of any work that appears elsewhere after having been published with us.